Our law firm is looking for a legal assistant to provide a superior client experience and help us get the results our clients need.
Who You Are
You like being depended on to make things work and love a challenge. You do not sit back and just wait for directions to your next assignment. You are a go-getter with drive and an ability to learn quickly.
You are technologically adept, excel at follow-through and follow-up, and are able to handle many moving parts with style and grace. You have a bulldog mentality when needed but would never be described as unlikeable. You can handle changes to routine effortlessly and like to improve along the way. And, you are detailed-oriented and would never turn in anything you know is not your best.
Your friends and family agree on your trustworthiness and dependability. You have experience drafting pleadings and other letters, answering calls, scanning mail, and speaking with clients. You may have some experience with personal injury law.
What You Will Do
You will help our small staff in multiple ways by becoming our front-line assistant in accident and injury cases helping us get the results our clients need. You will utilize our case management system to ensure our cases are flowing properly and you will be primarily responsible for getting cases ready for settlements, hearings, and trials.
You will obtain information from clients to prepare pleadings and foster communication. You will work with outside vendors (medical providers, Clerks of Courts, and others) to help prepare cases. You will scan and mail and keep files up to date.
You will provide direction and assistance to our intake team for new potential cases and follow up on representation agreements, scheduled appointments, and ensure callers and clients are treated with compassion and care.
You will become a valuable asset on our team!
Our culture is one of collaboration and teamwork. These are the qualities that will make you a good fit at the firm:
- Friendly phone voice
- Great at creating, maintaining, and deepening relationships
- Extremely detail-oriented and great at writing down what you have done
- Understands how to use basic office software
- Easily learns and implements new ideas, trainings, and systems
- Has compassion and empathy naturally
- Efficient with time and deadlines
- Great at follow-up and follow-through
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced, frequently changing office environment
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Paralegal certificate and/or experience preferred
Who We Are
We are a small law firm fighting life's legal battles with compassion and care and growing to meet our client demand.
We are based in Luling, Louisiana with easy access to I-310 and the entire metro area. We have a second office in Metairie.
We are growing because of the care we show to our clients, our ability to connect with potential clients, and the results we achieve. We have great client reviews because of the compassion we exhibit, and we expect the same from all of our staff. We effectively use technology to communicate with our clients and maintain our paper-"LESS” office.
We provide our team members with a great quality of life and a friendly work atmosphere.
What We Offer
For the outstanding candidate selected, our firm offers:
- Semi-flexible scheduling
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) after 90 days
- Professional development assistance
- Positive and supportive work culture
- Full-time preferred. Part-time available.
- Pay is dependent upon experience and potential.
There is potential for you to grow into a more complex role if you exceed our expectations. We are looking for a long-term addition to our team.
How to Apply
- Send an email to resumes AT ljblegal DOT com with the subject line – “I want the Legal Assistant position.”
- In your email (cover letter), tell us the following:
- Tell us a little about a recent book or movie or performance you really enjoyed and why it resonated with you;
- Tell us why you want this job right now and how this job will help you move towards your long-term career goals;
- How your past experiences will help you in this position;
- Tell us why you are the best candidate (i.e., what makes you unique/stand out/different); and
- Tell us your expected pay range.
- Attach your resume as a PDF file.
- We may contact selected candidates by telephone first to gauge your phone presence so please include an accurate phone number.
We're sure you're going to nail all of that, and we look forward to working with you!