The Compassion You Deserve. The Competence You Need.
We know firsthand how the onset of a medical disability or a disabling injury can affect you physically, mentally, and socially.
You are operating at much less than your best when you apply for benefits or are forced to deal with the government.
The questions take longer to understand, phone interviews confuse you because they talk in circles, and the mounds of forms and paperwork keep growing. You just want to sleep or rest or lay down…and to add insult to injury, you get the feeling that no one believes you!
You no longer have to be overwhelmed by your disability claim.
Let your team at LJBLegal take the anxiety and stress out of the disability application/appeal process.
We have developed and refined tools and strategies over the years to give you the best chance to win the benefits you worked for and deserve.
Our team navigates you through the maze of disability doctors, endless forms, and complicated legal jargon to make it EASY FOR YOU!
So you can focus on you and we can get you the benefits you earned.
Your LJBLegal team provides:
- Access. Some Social Security disability lawyers never meet their clients until the morning of the disability hearing. When LJBLegal takes your case, you will speak to your representative at the beginning, middle, and end of the process, including a pre-hearing meeting. Try getting that with the big national or local disability representatives who advertise on television!
- Answers and counsel. Our clients know they are more than just a case. Our team goes beyond the paperwork and legal issues to get to the heart of your concerns. We love getting to know each of our clients on a personal level, and we understand that your current situation does not define you! If necessary, we are happy to meet with clients in their own homes.
- Knowledge. Our team has extensive legal experience and has worked with many medical impairments and injuries. This knowledge and experience results in us being able to anticipate common objections in your case. It gives us a unique understanding of what Social Security will be looking for to dispute your claim. And, it helps us formulate the most effective strategies for success.
Our New Orleans disability law firm helps a wide variety of injured workers across Louisiana get the disability payments they deserve!
You may be wondering how you will ever pay a lawyer.
How Much Does a New Orleans Disability Lawyer Cost?
In Social Security disability cases, we only get paid when we win benefits for our clients.
I only get paid if you get paid. There are no upfront, out-of-pocket costs to you.
We only get paid a portion of your back benefits if we win. In many cases, $7.200 is the maximum fee for a Social Security disability representative or attorney (if we win at the first hearing).
Call 985-240-9773 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free, confidential consultation.
What is the Difference Between SSI and SSDI?
Both programs are overseen and/or managed by the Social Security Administration, and medical eligibility for both is also determined in the same manner.
However, that’s about as far as the commonalities go, as SSDI and SSI are two different governmental programs.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is available to people who are medically eligible AND have a work history of paying into the Social Security program. There are no household asset or income limits.
Supplemental security income (SSI) is available to people who are medically eligible but do not have a sufficient work history. SSI is need-based and only available to those who fall under strict income and asset limits.
When Can I Apply for SSDI Benefits?
The surprising answer is – YOU DON’T NEED TO WAIT!!
You can file for social security disability benefits on the day that your doctor diagnoses you with a disability, or on the first day that you can no longer work because of your disability.
Do you need help from a New Orleans Social Security Disability lawyer to file your application?
How Do You Find a Good Social Security Disability Lawyer in New Orleans?
Here are some questions you might consider asking a disability representative before hiring them:
- If I am not happy with your firm the first 30 days after I hire you, can I discharge you as my attorney, take my case, and owe you nothing? The answer should be yes.
- Will your office be communicating with the Social Security Administration on my case? Yes, we will.
- Can you copy me on everything you do for my case? Yes.
- Have you ever been disciplined by the State Bar of Louisiana? No.
- Are you covered by a legal malpractice insurance policy? Yes.
- How much experience does your firm have in representing Social Security Disability clients? Take a look at our reviews on Google, Facebook, or Avvo.
- So, what do we have to prove to win my benefits? The representative should be able to describe this concisely to you!